Monday, January 17, 2011

Over the weekend two friends came to town, one from Chicago, one from Dallas, and sadly the weather in Austin could not have been worse for them. Kristin's main goal for the trip was to visit every food trailer possible but with the weather being rainy and in the upper 30's to 40's, almost all of the trailers were closed. We did manage to go to quite a few good restaurants not located on wheels but other than that I failed as a hostess. On Saturday night we finished dinner by 9:30 and I couldn't come up with a single thing for us to do. They were back at their hotel and I was home by 10pm. So be warned, if you come visit me you will leave stuffed and very well rested but not sure what there is to do at night in Austin. Also, I might take you out and order food that scares the crap out of me.

Unrelated to their visit, some new people have moved into our building and I'm sure they are very nice but they keep parking in my spot. Not that we have assigned parking but I like the spot right next to the door. I've been parking there since we moved in and I'm not ready to give it up. Also, I'm fairly certain even my car is upset over this situation:
IMG_20110117_150129

Whoa, whoa there car, it's going to be okay. No need to eat the teeny BMW. We'll just have to figure out when they typically leave the house and take back our spot then. What, is that not normal person behavior? Crap.

Now that Kristin has taken the bad weather back to Chicago with her, Austin returned to beautiful 60 degree days. This can only mean one thing, spring is on its way and the new shoe collections are out! Last year I fell hopelessly in love with a pair of Valentino wedge shoes but common sense took hold and I didn't buy them. Today I saw these and be still my beating heart!
Picture 22

I am going to start shaking out the couch cushions now to find the $745 needed to buy them. And on the freak chance that there isn't that much money tucked away between the cushions, these at the bargain price of $475 would make a suitable replacement:

Picture 23

6 comments:

  1. Why haven't you shown me the green shoes before this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin and I were totally lying. After we got done talking about how boring you are, we went clubbing and hooked up with brad Womack at the Chuggin' Monkey. Spoiler alert- he doesn't get engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slynnro! We told Brad we wouldn't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't tell me you had a money couch! When can I babysit Tru again? I need $2,875 for superbowl tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, those shoes. Now I'm looking around the house for something, anything, I can sell to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are amazing! And where did y'all end up eating on Saturday night that your fish had eyes? Thanks again for a fun Friday night - my weekend took a sharp turn for the worse after that (a story to be told in person).

    ReplyDelete