Tuesday, October 31, 2006

yes, I am the meanest person to ever enter Disney World

Besides making me very angry yesterday, Disney World has been an incredible amount of fun. The rides, the characters, the shows, all of it is incredibly detailed and amazing. I was a little worried that we would be bored by the end of the week, but I now see how that's not even close becoming a reality. We will collapse from exhaustion before we run out of things to do.

Last night was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and to get into the spirit of the night I decided to crush a few kids hopes and dreams. Ok, maybe I didn't plan that ahead of time, but upsetting some of them is what happened although it wasn't really my fault.

There was an Alice in Wonderland Treat Trail featuring the namesake at the start of it taking pictures with guests. After some begging, I convienced jparks to take my picture with Alice, even though he feels that taking pictures with characters in Disney World is best suited for the kids and if an adult does it they might as well put a gun in their mouth, because they have failed as a member of society.

I was in line when the Cast Member attending to Alice announced she would be leaving shortly and might not make it to all the guests in line. I figured I would press my luck and see if I could make it up to her before she had to take her smoke and booze break (seriously the people that dress up have to be drunk or high or snorting some drug that Disney specially cooks up, because their level of chipperness and dedication to their character is scary). When I got to the front of the line the Cast Member declared that Alice would only be taking a picture with one more family and then she was leaving.

All the kids whined and sighed and basically acted like brats children act when a toy is dangled in front of them and then pulled away. And then they realized it would be me, a stupid adult, that would get to take their picture with Alice and not them.

Ha! Take that kids! You dressed up and painted your faces and got all excited for Halloween and then I show up in my normal clothes, I couldn't even be bothered with a special Halloween shirt or anything, and I get to take my picture with Alice. I am awesome and you, well you kid, you just suck.

alice and me

4 comments:

  1. That woman's eyes are terrifyingly empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey does strawberry still work at disney??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not Alice! She's tall ;-)
    Oh well, I guess things worked out just right for you that time. I bet you got some great designer gifts as well while you were there. Never thought of that aspect of working at Disney. I just compare it to working in any other customer intense environment.

    ReplyDelete